With community development, community members come together to take collective action to solve problems that matter to them. JALAWELO comes alongside these individuals to help identify and implement new solutions and approaches to old and stubborn problems.
Jamaicans in the diaspora work with Jamaicans living at home in healthy, disciplined, and respectful collaborative relationships to develop sustainable solutions that will help our most vulnerable men, women, youth, and children experience a significantly improved quality of life and positively impact our nation as a whole. We benefit from the ongoing support of our friends who love Jamaica!
FRIENDS OF JAMAICA
We cannot overlook or take for granted the untapped passion and talent in Jamaica that exists at the grassroots level and these must be harnessed for us to see real change.
We never get tired of the support of the remarkable individuals who have visited Jamaica and who have come to know and to love our people and our country.
We are confident that compassionate and thinking professionals in the diaspora who care about Jamaica will ultimately impact our nation in positive and sustainable ways.
COMMITTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF COMMUNITIES ACROSS JAMAICA
- We like to think creatively about the kinds of solutions that are most likely to have a sustainable impact on people's lives.
- We love to collaborate and so we engage with passionate individuals and organizations in and outside of Jamaica that are committed to making a difference on the island.
- We build relationships with individuals as volunteers and we work together as a team to support the efforts of faithful and trustworthy organizations. We also help these organizations to increase their capacity to accomplish their mission.
- We love engaging with youth who are committed to making a difference in their own lives. We get to know them and work with them to take the next step forward from wherever they happen to be.
- We do all we do for the glory of God.
Please note that, in strict conformance with IRS guidelines Jamaica Land We Love, (the “Charity”) does not accept contributions that are earmarked or required to be distributed to foreign nonprofit organizations or any other organization. The Directors of the Charity have complete discretion and control over the ultimate disposition of any contributions received by the organization. While donors may suggest that their gifts be used for a specific purpose, these requests are non-binding on the Charity. This ensures that gifts made to the Charity are tax-deductible and that the Charity fulfills its duties and obligations as a U.S. tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Code. Donors may make unrestricted contributions to the Charity, and in these cases, the Directors will determine the manner in which contributed funds will be used.