We are Jalawelo. We engage together as talented, compassionate, and thinking Jamaicans and friends of Jamaica to create and implement sustainable solutions for the folks we want to help. We believe we have an exciting opportunity to seriously PRAY and THINK and ACT in love to impact people's lives in real ways.
Our Strategic "Think-Act "Tanks include the following areas:
- Business as Mission: Engage remotely as a member of a small team using communication technologies to provide encouragement, guidance, and support to community-based social enterprise initiatives that provide jobs, training, and hope for the most vulnerable.
- Community Development Strategists: Help to think through community-based initiatives that impact people's lives (e.g., our "I Can Parent" initiative; school-based initiatives, etc.).
- Diaspora Outreach Strategists: Design strategies to build trust and hope that will reach and motivate a sleeping Diaspora so that they will enagage in even some small way to impact Jamaica (e.g., help to organize Jalawelo Outreach Networking Events (JONES)).
- Event Planning: Help with the planning of 3-4 Jalawelo events each year (e.g., Spring Breakfast, Christmas Party, etc.)
- Community Connectors: If you are a part of a Jamaican church/organization-based community, represent Jalawelo as an ambassador and help to disseminate information about Jalawelo's activities and programs.
- Young Adult Mentors: Connect with young adults engaged in the Young Adult Circle program on a bi-monthly basis to provide encouragement and support using online communication technologies.
- Whatever happens to be your passion: If you have a dream for Jamaica and we can prayerfully work together to make it happen, let's do it.
- Future: Missions Trips to faithful communities where we are engaged.
We talk about all the things in the world that need to change. Jalawelo is a platform for us all to engage, to dream, to think, to execute, and ultimately to use our lives in a meaningful way to address the pain and injustices that we see everyday. Let's stay busy until Christ returns, working together for the glory of God and the good of the people of Jamaica, and if we are bold enough to believe it, we can and will work together for the good of people in developing countries across the world.